Job Opening for an Installation Technician
We are seeking candidates who have a technical aptitude with electronics, like to work with their hands, and can provide great customer service.
Interactive Automation is a high customer service and satisfaction company which focuses on winning and executing only the best projects. We use the best brands, best proven and original techniques, and latest technology to deliver systems our customers love.
We have an opening for an entry-level to experienced Installation Technician position available in the Atlanta area.
The installation technician performs routine and creative installation tasks. Responsibilities involve such functions as installing cable and simple to complex installations involving control systems and audio/video systems. Other duties include correct completion of paperwork, assisting installation leads, and lifting equipment up to 75 lbs safely.
This is an entry-level to experienced position in installation with potential for fast growth. Candidates in this position may advance to become Experienced Installation Technicians and Senior Installation Technicians. Other career path opportunities are possible, including Designer and Project Manager, for those demonstrating the appropriate aptitude and skills. Installation Technicians work closely with experienced technicians, learning the standard practices of the trade and providing support to the crew. Advancement varies with each individual at the discretion of management.
KEY OR TYPICAL TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Drill holes and install cables in new and existing construction.
- Properly terminate RF, BNC, RJ-45, and other connectors.
- Strip, dress, and connect cables, install wall plates, low voltage panels, and connectors.
- Install a audio or video systems (single or multi room).
- Install the audio and video connections for a home theater system consisting of a surround receiver and components (including a TV) that will drive an in-wall/on-wall or freestanding speaker surround package with sub-woofer.
- Install speakers and other equipment into ceilings and walls.
- Install equipment into a standard 19” rack.
- Use and follow wiring plan diagrams and system connection diagrams.
- Safely use trade hand and power tools.
Education and Experience:
High school graduation and any combination of education, experience, and training that demonstrates possession of the required knowledge, skills, and abilities will be considered. Driving a company or personal vehicle is a primary function of this position; therefore a clean driving record must be maintained at all times. To ensure the safety record of our field staff the company will make periodic checks to the Department of Transportation (DOT) for new and outstanding violations.
Knowledge and previous experience with basic mechanical tools, equipment, and supplies is required.
Candidates must have the ability to operate small equipment and tools safely; read and comprehend service and equipment manuals; understand and carry out oral and written instructions; and lift equipment up to 75 lbs safely. Some travel will be required.
HOW TO APPLY
Email your resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org